Replies: Find Java Web Hosting

Author LoginPost Reply
I undertand what you mean that yo'd like to use the eclipse functionality outside of Eclipse, but as I said all of groovy-eclipse is deeply tied to the Eclipse framework. For example, it uses Eclipse APIs to track down dependencies on the classpath, and for parsing Java and binary files, etc.  So, it is not just a matter of reimplementing a few interfaces to use the groovy-eclipse editor outside of Eclipse.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Pruteanu Dragos <dragospruteanu@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is there no way to execute main features just on Strings ? Like to pass the groovy script as string and get back the auto-complition list as some objects ?
Same for text formatting for example ?

It would be a major benefit to use the code outside Eclipse, like in a Notepad or something simple
Most of the databases doesn't have PLSQL support.
Groovy is great, but nobody wants to start Eclipse for a very basic script.
There are many database administrators which would enjoy using it, but is almost imposible to convince them to start working with Eclipse.

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@eisenberg.as>
To: "eclipse-plugin-dev@groovy.codehaus.org" <eclipse-plugin-dev@groovy.codehaus.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: [groovy-eclipse-plugin-dev] Use of Eclipse Plugin with a JEditPane

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.  Groovy-Eclipse editor is written using SWT, not swing.  Also, it requires an Eclipse workbench for file access, Java model manipulations, and command execution.  So, Groovy-Eclipse editor cannot be used outside of Eclipse itself.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Pruteanu Dragos <dragospruteanu@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to use the eclipse plugin code with a JEditPane for simple groovy scripts ?
I intend to use it for a simple database tool. Groovy should be used similar with PLSQL.

What I need is more or less the features like auto-complete and syntax highlighting.
Maybe there is a simple way to approach this features.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dragos Pruteanu

©2008 gg3721.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.